Fundraising with Partners
OMRA could not function without the generous support of various congregations and organizations.
OMRA generates the majority of its income from its grocery card fundraising program, which involves six local congregations. Each month volunteers at the following churches sell grocery cards to church members on behalf of OMRA.
- Emmanuel United Church
- Glebe-St. James United Church
- Ottawa Mennonite Church
- Religious Society of Friends (Quakers)
- St. Joseph’s Parish
- St. Thomas the Apostle Anglican Church
OMRA also works with other organizations that support better outcomes for newcomers, including:
- Carty House – A first home and helping hand for women refugees in Ottawa.
- Catholic Centre for Immigrants – Supports the reception of newcomers to Canada and assists newcomers in reaching their full potential in Canadian society.
- Matthew House Ottawa – Provides shelter, furnishings and community to refugees and those transitioning to permanent housing.
- Refugee 613 – A communications hub that informs, connects and inspires people to welcome refugees and build strong communities.
- Individual private sponsorship groups.